Sunday, March 17, 2013

One a week art project 51 of 52: Bird in a Cage 1

Here is the latest from my One a week art project 51 of 52: Bird in a Cage 1


Prints available here.


I’ve been wanting to create this drawing for a while now. I actually drew a few of these birds in one of my Back Rooms Of My Mind drawings Door #13113.

I was inspired to create this drawing while listening to a song “Bird in a house” by the band- Railroad Earth. I heard this song and instantly replayed this song over and over again. If it were vinyl, I would have to purchase a new record by now.

Here's a great watercolor pencil starter set 
Prismacolor Premier Watercolor Colored Art Pencils, 24 Colored Pencils (Google Affiliate Ad)

Over the course of a few months, the song would play and I would envision these birds trapped in a cage. Finally, I decided to put pen to paper and draw them. I created this by drawing everything out in pencil and then I inked this with waterproof pens. Then I added some color and water to the watercolor paper and I was finished.

I recommend you listen to the song as well. I feel that this song will resonate with lots people because there are so many people in similar situations where they feel trapped.
“There is a bird in a house and he’s trying to get out.” -RRE
Those words ring true with anyone out there in the multiverse?

Happy St. Paddy's Day and be safe everyone!

Guinness pint glasses for your favorite beverage!
Luminarc Guinness Zookeeper 4-Pc. Pub Glass Set (Google Affiliate Ad)

Cheers!


No comments: