Sunday, May 5, 2013

New Painting and Stretching the Boundaries.

Here's an inspiring and interesting quote from the mad man of an artist Andy Warhol.....
“Don't think about making art, just get it done. Let everyone else decide if it's good or bad, whether they love it or hate it. While they are deciding, make even more art.” ― Andy Warhol

Although, I'm not a big fan of his art, however, I like his mentality, he had a great perspective and his thoughts really resonate with me. 




I had some old canvas laying around from college and decided to create something new. As you an see in the photo, I started with a light Purple wash but decided not to cover up the entire canvas. I feel that this will add more depth to the painting. 



The start of a new painting


I just finished adding a few elements to the painting... What do you think this is going to be? I have a few ideas of what direction I am going to take with this and I am planning on stretching the boundaries a bit. I love starting new paintings like this because it allows me to expand my mind and develop new ideas.


Ordering from Amazon.com (affiliate ad) any time soon? Click on the link and Amazon will give me a few pennies from every purchase which helps pay for the blog.

Like me on Facebook.
Cheers!



No comments: