Wednesday, February 25, 2009

Painted Town


If you're like me you like to listen to good music and wet your pallet. I can help you with that first one check out www.drinkingsong.org. There you can listen to a new drinking song each day until St. Patty's Day.

My brother (Brian) and I recorded a song a few weeks ago. This song "Painted Town" will be playing on the 28th of February!
This is a song about how the Irish were building all these houses and they had painted the doors all the same color. Now, what happened was the Irishman would go to the local pub and as they tried to stumble home they wouldn't know what house to go into. Story has it that the famous write George Moore painted his door Green so that another writer Oliver St. John Gogarty wouldn't stumble into the wrong place. Needless to say everyone else followed suit.
For this song "Painted Town" we spruced it up a bit and made the tale a lot more interesting.
This will be the last track of the month before we make our run towards the bar(s). [You will have to let me know what you think of the song.]

I will be celebrating St. Patty's in Ireland! This is sure to be a blast and I will be drinking plenty of the black stuff. mmm... I can already taste it. :)

What do you have planned for the 17th of March or that weekend? I would love to hear what you have planned.

No comments: