Friday, January 2, 2009

Tangled Up In Blue

This is the first painting of the series I started this summer paying homage to the one, the only, Bob Dylan! 

In case you can't tell from the title of this post this painting is called "Tangled Up In Blue".  

If you haven't been to my website to check this out (shame on you) I am creating 10 paintings/ drawings (all depends on my mood) based upon the song titles from Bob Dylan's album "Blood On the Tracks". 

For the first track on the album "Tangled Up In Blue" I decided to take an old guitar my brother gave me (as I don't play, yet :) )
and tangle the guitar in Blue.

Bob was clearly talking about love in this song and there are so many things someone can love in ones lifetime. He probably wanted people or a select few to believe he was talking about a woman that he loved. 
And I am 99% sure he was talking about a woman, but there is that 1% of me that likes to think that he was talking about his one true love, music.

Let me know what you think of the painting. I have the second painting started and I hope to get back in the studio and work on it sometime soon. 
It's hard to do because I just started working on this new 3 piece series based on the love of funk, and brass instruments!!

Check back for updates on all my work. I will try to make more frequent posts. It's hard to work this into a routine, but I will try!

Cheers! 

1 comment:

Moon Art Design said...

I appreciate your kind comments.

I see you're in the web design business, you should start a blog and get the word out!